About all I know personally about Steve Earle is that one day about two weeks ago, I was riding in a car, listening to WDVE, and this fantastic song called "Copperhead Road" came on. They didn't say whether it was old or know, didn't mention the name of the artist, or anything like that.
All I knew was that I loved it--captured the true spirit of my family. I mean, after all, my folks', folks' folks were involved in the Whiskey Rebellion, and if thing'd turned out a mite differently, we'd probably have Albert Gallatin on today's one dollar bills, once we'd shot George Washington for being a traitor. But enough about ancient history!
What we have here are both the early and late shows from a venue called the Nightstage in Cambridge, Massachusetts from January 11, 1990. Both seem to have been benefits, but the best thing is the sound.
Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four
All I knew was that I loved it--captured the true spirit of my family. I mean, after all, my folks', folks' folks were involved in the Whiskey Rebellion, and if thing'd turned out a mite differently, we'd probably have Albert Gallatin on today's one dollar bills, once we'd shot George Washington for being a traitor. But enough about ancient history!
What we have here are both the early and late shows from a venue called the Nightstage in Cambridge, Massachusetts from January 11, 1990. Both seem to have been benefits, but the best thing is the sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment