What you'll find in this blog are links to music that are either commercially unavailable from standard record companies, not quite up to their standards, and those which they haven't yet caught up to. In the collecting business, they're generally called ROIO's (Recordings Of Independent Origin), and almost everything has been sanctioned for non-commercial distribution by the bands involved, or the management themselves.
My own preferences are ANY kind of rock (no matter how loosely the term is applied), dating from the 1960s through about 1990. Please, no rap, no twangy country, as little disco (or, as it's now called, Dance)--stick with groups and artists like Led Zeppelin, Cream, Eric Clapton, Boston, Aerosmith, Steve Earle, Steve Winwood, CSN&Y, Bruce Springsteen, Eagles, Foghat, the Doors, the Beatles, Pat Travers, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Ronnie James Dio, Rush, Jimmy Buffett, Steely Dan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Steve Miller, Men At Work, Ted Nugent, Outlaws, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Heart, Molly Hatchet, Stevie Wonder, Robin Trower, and so on.
As you can see, my tastes are rather eclectic.
I upload everything in MP3 format at 320VBR. If you need a smaller file, you'll have to convert it yourself to, say, 192kps. I recommend CD-DA Extractor, which will handle anything but Shorten files. If enough people ask, I'll be happy to do all the uploading in FLAC (lossless) format--it'd save me a step.
ONE FINAL THING: If you must share these with others, download your copy and upload a file of it under your own Rapidshare.com (or other firm) account! If any of my links start appearing elsewhere, this blog will cease to exist!
As you can see, my tastes are rather eclectic.
I upload everything in MP3 format at 320VBR. If you need a smaller file, you'll have to convert it yourself to, say, 192kps. I recommend CD-DA Extractor, which will handle anything but Shorten files. If enough people ask, I'll be happy to do all the uploading in FLAC (lossless) format--it'd save me a step.
ONE FINAL THING: If you must share these with others, download your copy and upload a file of it under your own Rapidshare.com (or other firm) account! If any of my links start appearing elsewhere, this blog will cease to exist!
No comments:
Post a Comment